Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


First love… first broken heart… they say you’ll never really understand and know love fully unless you’ve had your heart broken.Friends say it’s going to be okay, that it will only hurt in the beginning… that it will only get better from now on, but your heart is telling you otherwise. It makes you wish you were back as a child so you wouldn’t have to deal with the painful loss of love. But then the reality is, you’re no longer a child. You realize you’ve grown into a woman. You fell in love, you were happier than you’ve ever been in your life, and then one day, you’ll just realize it’s all over. The love that person feels for you is no longer there, and you’re left feeling rejected and empty.

Some people have honestly never experienced a broken heart, they’ve never experienced the pain, regret, fear, and longing that comes along with it. They say the first broken heart is more painful and takes a longer time to heal. Well, it may be due to the fact that it’s your first ever taste of a love lost. They say that the second time, third time, or the umpteenth time wouldn’t be so hard because you’ve already experienced it. For me, it depends on the length and depth of the relationship. The more in love you are with the person, the more painful it is to lose that person.

In my opinion, no matter how many times you’ve had you’re heart broken, regardless of the level and intensity of the pain, it is still in fact PAINFUL. Losing someone you love is always painful, unless you have a heart of stone.
When I first had my heart broken, I felt like my whole world was crashing in on me. I didn’t know what to do, or how to deal with the new, overwhelming emotion. It was painful. But I had to accept the fact that sometimes, love changes. And I’ve had to slowly pick up the pieces and start over again. And no matter how many words of encouragement people gave me, and even though I knew they’re right, it wasn’t easy to shake off the fears and the loneliness of losing someone that has been part of my life for so long.

But hey, life goes on… with or without that person. It’s painful and unfair, but I know I have to push past that and learn to move on with my life. It’s not going to be easy, but I have to do it. And I know I can do it too, because I’ve always believed that everything happens for a reason, and when one door of happiness closes, another opens. I’ll just have to learn to trust God, and have faith that He has something better for me. Experiences like this can only make me stronger, and more mature.

Do you remember what it was like with your first broken heart?

Newer Post Older Post Home